Driving on TimberWest Land
Procedures and Practices
- Conduct a pre trip inspection of your vehicle checking headlights, taillights, tires etc.
- The driver must confirm that all vehicle occupants are wearing seatbelts and that they are properly adjusted and securely fastened.
- Use vehicle for intended use only (purpose and weight limitations).
- Secure all objects in the cab/truck box/interior spaces of the vehicle which could create a hazard in the event of an accident.
- Drive with vehicle lights on at all times. Stay on your side of the road.
- Drive defensively at all times. Do not exceed 60 KM/H. Do not tailgate.
- Drive to the existing road conditions. Lower speed as required. Be aware of:
- Visibility reduced by dust, fog, rain and snow;
- Narrow roads with over width vehicles and single lane bridges;
- Steep road grades;
- Slippery and variable road surface conditions due to loose gravel, snow, ice or mud;
- Other users.
- Respect that loaded and non loaded logging trucks have the right of way on single lane roads.
- Pass trucks or equipment only after you receive a clearly visible and/or audible signal from the operator.
- No talking or texting using a cell phone or other electronic device while driving. Only exception is VHF radio use in a VHF radio controlled or assisted area.
- DO NOT BLOCK ANY ROADS WHILE CUTTING YOUR FIREWOOD. Other wood cutters cannot get past you, and it also creates a very unsafe hazard in case of an emergency extraction etc.
- All vehicles must be fully insured and display valid license plates or display a temporary insurance window decal.
- All drivers must possess and carry on their person a valid drivers license.